Feb Wrap Up and March TBR!

You should all be seriously proud of me considering last year I read under ten books. This month alone I have read five. Yes, you read that right, FIVE. I know for many avid readers (including the old, university free me) would think this a poor example of a good reading month, but considering my track record lately I feel like I should be given a medal.
But I'm not going to lie to you - I didn't just get a sudden spurt of reading motivation, in fact, it was mostly down to my WiFi not working that had led me to pass the time the old fashioned way and well...read a book. And not just one!

I would like to also say I stuck to my TBR for last month, but I didn't have the chance to finish Patrick Ness' The Knife of Never Letting Go because it's been something called half term here in England which means I have been away from Uni for a week and I left the book there. So my trusty kindle has come in handy and I have been reading from that!

So here's the deal...

Wilde Like Me by Louise Pentland

I did read this one! If you read my Jan TBR post you will know this was on my list and I started off the month on a long train journey back home reading this book with a burning (watery btw) hot chocolate and squinting at my phone. I read it in a day. So if that doesn't tell you how much I adored this book, I don't know what will.
I've been trying to get more into adult romance books and I really loved how relatable Louise's book was. I watch her vlogs and could see how she has drawn loads of her own experiences into the book which for me, makes it so much more authentic.
This is a defo recommend for you romance, adult fiction lovers.
I think I gave it a 4/5 stars on Goodreads.

CLICK TO BUY

Your Turn to Die by Sue Wallman

I love Sue's writing, I have for ages. I have been meaning to pick this book up for ages as it's been sitting on my shelf at home for quite a while. If you love suspense, paranormal mysteries then this is definitely the book for you. And OH MY GOD, can we please talk about the ending??? I was seriously shook.
As much as I love Sue's work, I don't think this is her best and therefore only rated it 3/5 stars on Goodreads. I didn't hate it, but I did find it very, very slow to start off with and almost found myself persevering through the beginning of the book. On the other hand, it is one of the best mystery books I have read in a while (I tweeted this and Sue replied, which - fangirl, lol).

CLICK TO BUY

Midnight Sun by Trish Cook

Okay, so I watched the movie before reading this book and then yes, went to go and get the book. I'm not going to lie - I wasn't a fan of the film. I thought it was kind of cringe and the acting wasn't great, but the book is something I did enjoy. I knew the story already (from watching the movie) so I won't lie and say I skim read some parts because I knew what had happened, but I did enjoy the book overall. It didn't leave me with warm fuzzy feelings or anything, but it was an enjoyable read. It's the kind of book I'd take on holiday and read beside the pool. So for these reasons, I gave the book 3 stars out of five on Goodreads.

CLICK TO BUY

Did I Mention I Miss You? by Estelle Maskame 

My girl Estelle pulling out yet another fabulous read! I am all for Wattpad authors celebrating success - you go girls (or guys) and Estelle's final instalment on the DIMLY trilogy didn't disappoint. I read the first two books ages ago and never got round to downloading the last edition until this month and I won't lie, I had to read a few segments from the other two to remember what had happened. I'm a big fan of the DIMLY series and really picture it as a film - which I always think makes the best books. I love Eden and Tyler and I love the fact she's a fellow Wattpad author doing so well.
I rated this book 4/5 stars on Goodreads!

CLICK TO BUY



Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian


I love, love, love both authors and I am so down for this collab. I also love revenge stories so there's that too. This story was great, fast paced and I really related with each of the three girls. I do wish that there were more chapters from Mary's point of view as I find her the most mysterious. I think out of everyone, she had the best reason for revenge. I can't wait to read the sequel!
I rated this book 4/5 stars on Goodreads

CLICK TO BUY

MARCH TBR

Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian 

I am so excited to read the sequel as I devoured the first book in one sitting. When you are reading this, I am probably back at Uni, wallowing in essays and textbooks and crying over burnt food I can't cook, but I am going to try and get this book finished in all my spare time (i.e. not watching Siren - my new fave show).

Ringer by Lauren Oliver 

I have read the first book in this series (Replica) which by the way is INCREDIBLE. I read it on holiday last year in one sitting and even went as far as taking it by the pool when I dunked my feet in every so often to wade off the warmth. I have started this book, and yes, you'll read this a lot, but put it down after my uni stress got in the way and have never reached for it again. It's a book that's sitting on my shelf back at uni and I will be picking it right back up when I return.

Let me know what you read this month and what you're planning on reading next month, and don't forget to follow my Twitter because I'm always tweeting what I'm reading @hollie_writes.

I love u all to the moon & back,


Comments