January Wrap Up and Feb TBR

Before you read this, you have got to know how much of a failure I have been - particularly in how much I have been reading, especially from the end of last year and the beginning of Jan. I literally read nothing. NOTHING. I claim to love books and yet I haven't read anything for months. I mean, unless you count the reading I have to do for uni - which for the purpose of this, we won't count, I haven't read anything recreational since October 2018.

The question really is: am I okay???

What's happened, you may ask? Well, I started Uni in September after a gap year, that's what's happened. I found myself drowning in 3,000-word essays and a crapload of hot chocolate I really shouldn't be spending my student loan on. I basically haven't found the time - which yes, sounds like an excuse, but I promise you it isn't.

Therefore...

I am planning to read more in Feb, and I am going to ease myself in gently. I have a bookshelf of books I need to read here at Uni, so I've had a fish through and the two books I am gonna focus on is:

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness 

Okay, so I have a confession, I've almost read this book and it's been the one I have picked up through those months, only reading a couple of pages or maybe a chapter at a time. It's not like I am not enjoying the book, I just have always got something else I have to do first. But Feb is the time to make this change. (Oh and it's becoming a movie this year, so defo wanna finish it before
then).


Wilde Like Me by Louise Pentland 

I'm not gonna lie - I am not really into 'Youtuber' books and I think publishers are throwing money at a lot of crap, but I love Louise, and I have for years. I particularly relate to her videos and the way she talks about the process of writing and I know that this woman loves what she does, and I am here to support any fellow author who has this much passion for their work. I've been meaning to read Louise's book for a while now and can't wait to get into it. I'm ready for a good romance.



I'll let you know how the reading goes, and if any of you wants to read alongside me I'll leave the Amazon link on the title of the books! Keep updated with me over on Twitter as I am most active on there (@hollie_writes). 



Comments