March Wrap Up and April TBR

Things have been good this month - and somehow juggling essay writing and everything else, I've made the time to read NINE books. I know, I am one away from reading what I read last year and it's only the third month of the year. I have read some pretty good books this month and some not so good ones, but I feel I have really the effort to get myself back into reading!

Here's what I read this month...

M A R C H  R E A D S

Ringer by Lauren Oliver
I really enjoyed this series overall. I found the characters easy to distinguish and really liked the layout of the book. I did feel disappointed about the second book itself as I felt half of it didn't need to be included. I did find myself skim reading some pages because a lot of the chapters seemed to be filler chapters and not much happened until the very end of the book. I do like Lauren Oliver's work and I did enjoy the series but it is not something I'd pick up and read again.
I rated this book 2/5 stars.
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
God, I draggedddd myself to finish this. I love Ness' work, but I just couldn't get myself invested in this book. I don't know what it was, I just didn't connect. I really wanted to get it read considering the movie adaption coming soon, but I just didn't feel the storyline gripped me enough that I was desperate to keep turning the page.
I rated this book 1/5 stars.
Everless by Sara Holland
Here is a book I really, really enjoyed! I haven't read a good ole' dystopian book for a while and this one completely sucked me in. I love the premise for the book and I liked the characters and how they developed. I didn't expect what happened - especially at the end so I will defo read the sequel!
I rated this book 5/5 stars.
Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian 
OH my god, this book kept me gripped. Girl, I was flicking those pages like you would not believe! I didn't expect HALF of the stuff that happened, I was legit shook. I love the mix of paranormal, romance and teen fiction all into one and I was so excited to pick up the last book in the series. The only reason I rated this book 4 and not 5 was because Kat's character kind of annoys me - she doesn't get many chapters which could be the reason and I found her storyline to be boring.
I rated this book 4/5 stars.
Two Can Keep A Secret by Karen McManus
I loved Karen's previous book so I knew I had to give this one a read - and it didn't disappoint. I liked having the connection to the old characters and the two new ones we see in this book. I liked the dynamic of the characters and the story flowed at just exactly the right place. A good mystery with an ending I didn't expect.
I rated this book 4/5 stars.
The Truth About Lies by Tracy Darnton
I picked this book up on a whim and I did enjoy it. I have never read a book about a girl being able to remember everything and I liked the plot line. The only issue I had with this book was that I wanted there to be more, I feel like it wrapped up super quick and I was expecting another chapter or two. I will read more from Tracy as her work has intrigued me.
I rated this book 3/5 stars.
Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian 
I loved this series and the book left me thinking about it for ages. I was tearing through these pages like I had before and I read the entire book in one sitting. I couldn't help feeling the same with the previous book though and feeling like it ended very abruptly and kept expecting more. I did feel this book again focused on Mary and Lilla so much more than Kat and it drove me a bit insane considering Mary isn't supposed to be there - spoiler lol. 
I rated this book 4/5 stars.
Eve of Man by Giovanna and Tom Fletcher
Okay so I literally consumed this book in one sitting - I literally couldn't put it down. I loved the characters, like seriously loved them and I am buzzing for the next book to be released this year. I need more. MORE. I definitely didn't expect to enjoy this dystopian novel as much as I did!
I rated this book 4/5 stars.
Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland 
Omg, I need a Henry Page in my life. He just has a way with words and God - this boy does make me swoon. He isn't your typical main male character and I loved that. Henry had layers to him and his story was so realistic that the messages that come out of this book are undeniable. The only criticism I had was with how annoying/frustrating I felt Grace's character was. I really liked how she was different (as well) to typical female leads and this is what drew me to the book in the first place, but the second half of the book I just found her annoying.
Nevertheless, I rated this book 3/5 stars.

A P R I L  T O  R E A D

Side note: I always give myself a smaller TBR despite reading a lot over the month because I find it makes things more realistically - especially for this month considering I have all my deadlines.


Clean by Juno Dawson
This is another book that's been on my list for ages. I have been recommended this book several times so when I saw it in Waterstones, I grabbed it!
The Bad Boy Stole My Bra by Lauren Price
This has been recommended to me several times and definitely looks like an easy read I can enjoy on my travels back and to uni and home so I am excited to give it a read!

Let me know what you read this month and what you're planning on reading next month!
P.S: the book covers won't seem to align properly in this post so I am going to work on sorting it out and adding them at a later date!

Comments